Re: Yet another optimistic locking question

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..mail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 01 2005 - 11:45:59 EDT

    On 9/1/05, Gentry, Michael (Contractor) <michael_gentr..anniemae.com> wrote:
    > Step 2: Yes, Cayenne caches the original DB values. This is how Cayenne
    > can determine what has changed (if anything). I don't believe Hibernate
    > has this feature, but I could be wrong.

    I think Hibernate has this but only so long as your DataObject is part
    of a hibernate Session.
    Once you disconnect the object, then you lose the information.

    If I am remembering correctly, Gili pointed out to me earlier that a
    Session maintains both the backing cache and the database connection
    and a Transaction maintains modifications. Under Cayenne, we
    maintain the connections separately, but combine the caching and
    transactions in our data context.