Non-selecting queries

From: Gili (cowwo..bs.darktech.org)
Date: Sat Sep 03 2005 - 12:06:42 EDT

    Hi,

            So far I've defined selecting queries in the modeler. Now, I want to
    define a non-selecting query to execute a delete operation. I don't see
    how one can map these using the modeler? Is this not possible. Also, for
    non-selecting queries, do I have to use SQLTemplate or is there an
    equivilent object-oriented approach to doing this?

            My guess is that the OO approach would be to use a SelectQuery to
    retrieve all the objects I wish to delete and then using a DataContext
    to do that. Alternatively, I could use an SQLTemplate (which doesn't
    look like it could be mapped using the modeler) and force the
    DataContext to refresh after the operation because it is not aware of
    SQLTemplate changes. Is this correct?

            Is the only way to synchronize with the DB to invoke commitChanges()?
    Isn't there a way to merge states with the DB without a commit?

    Thank you,
    Gili

    --
    http://www.desktopbeautifier.com/