Partial commits or two DCs?

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Mon Sep 12 2005 - 18:02:56 EDT

    Hello,

    In my webapp, I'm finding that in some scenarios I really only want
    to commit modified objects rather than new ones. One solution would
    be to just defer the registration of the new ones, but since there
    are relationships between these new objects, they must be registered
    with a DC. So, what I'm wondering is if there's some way to do a
    partial commit or if I should place these new objects into their own
    DC. If I go with the latter, what are the ramifications of doing so?

    Thanks,
    Kevin