Re: Feedback regarding Cayenne vs Hibernate

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Thu Sep 15 2005 - 15:13:33 EDT

    Gili wrote:

    > Another thing that isn't obvious (this one is Hibernate-specific) is
    > that DataObjects are pretty much unusable when TRANSIENT. Coming from a
    > Hibernate background, you can do to TRANSIENT objects anything you can
    > do to NEW objects. Seeing as this isn't the case under Cayenne, we might
    > want to make this more explicit and/or if possible encourage users to
    > only invoke createAndRegisterNewObject() by deprecating
    > registerNewObject(). I could be wrong on this particular point (maybe
    > there are valid use-cases I haven't seen yet) but it's just an idea.

    This is a current problem that everyone is aware of. I brought it just
    last week again on the developer list. It's just going to take someone
    stepping up to the plate to get it done. I'm nearing the end of this
    particular app I'm working on and when that happens I intended on giving
    this a good go.

    --
    Kevin