Re: Postgresql Blob/LargeObject support i..[ANOTHER PROBLEM]

From: Oscar Picasso (oscgoogl..ahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 03 2005 - 19:16:02 EDT

    > For now you can do two things:
    >
    > * switch to Cayenne 1.2M4 that doesn't have this unfortunate
    > 'workaround' in the adapter.

    I have tried 1.2M4 and it has made some of my tests fail.
    My understanding. I have B to-one A.
    - with 1.2M5
    new a
    register a
    new b
    b.setA(a)
    register b
    ==> the last line is not necessary, but it does not do anything in that case
    ==> commit without problems

    - with 1.2M4
    <..some code as previous..>
    ==> register b adds a *new* object to the newObjects collections.
    ==> exception on commit = duplicate pk on B.

    I am curious to know if this was one of the changes between 1.2M4 and 1.2M5.

    Anyway don't bother with the details. At the moment, all my blobs are mandatory
    so I can live with 1.2M5.

    But just in case, have you an idea of how long it would take to have the blob
    problem solved on 1.2M5 or later?

    > * Open a bug report in JIRA, so that we don't forget about it.
    I will do that.

    http://mail.yahoo.com