Re: Searching for Examples of Cayenne + HiveMind

From: Dirk Olmes (dirk.olme..mx.de)
Date: Sat Oct 22 2005 - 03:53:53 EDT

    Gentry, Michael (Contractor) wrote:
    > The serialization of the Visit (or session, really) kind of annoys me.

    I've been reading about the mysterious serialization of Tapestry's visit
    in various places. Can you shed some light on when exactly that is
    supposed to happen? Last time I checked (about a year ago) I couldn't
    find any references. I even did a test and put a custom object into the
    visit which would scream out loud if it was serialized - I just couldn't
    find situations in which it would be serialized :-(

    > I understand the reason why they do it, but sometimes you have different
    > needs and want a HUGE session object lying around, but don't want it
    > serialized. Of course, my thinking/bias comes from having done
    > WebObjects for a while (session isn't serialized to disk) and maybe I
    > just don't know enough about Tomcat/etc.

    Same here :-)

    -dirk