Re: Tapestry integration

From: Robert Zeigler (robert..uregumption.com)
Date: Tue Oct 25 2005 - 10:59:05 EDT

    Sorry, I must've missed your e-mail on the tapestry list.
    Using the squeeze adapter is a matter of implementing the
    two interfaces it requires. One is ObjectIdStorageProvider.
    If you never use objects which are in state "NEW" in your pages,
    then this interface is unimportant and you can have a "dummy"
    implementation. Otherwise, what this interface is for is to
    store (in memory) the (temporary) ObjectId object or a data object in
    state NEW.

    The other interface is the "DataContextProvider" (single method:
    getValidDataContext()).
    The purpose is to provide the squeezer with a "valid" d.c. for the current
    thread.

    Once you've implemented the interfaces...

    If you're using tapestry 3.0.3, you'll have to subclass BaseEngine.
    In your subclass, override createSqueezeAdapter with something like:

            ISqueezeAdaptor[] adapters = {
                    new DataObjectAdaptor(new DataContextProviderImp(), new
    ObjectIdStorageProviderImp())
            };
            return new DataSqueezer(getResourceResolver(), adapters);

    If you're using tapestry 4.0.beta-xxx, then you can skip the subclassing
    and just define the adapter in your hivemind config file.
    There are many examples of how to do this posted throughout
    the userlist archives, and I believe on the tapestry wiki, as well.

    Robert