Re: Beginners Problem

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Oct 26 2005 - 09:31:40 EDT

    Hi Korbinian,

    I've never done importing files to an existing project in Eclipse
    (other than copy/paste directly in the filesystem), but how about you
    go the other way around, i.e. create an empty project and then open
    Class Generator dialog in the modeler and then click on "Select"
    button next to the output directory and choose a directory that is a
    source folder of your new Eclipse project. After generation is done,
    do a "refresh" in Eclipse and you should be all set.

    Oh, actually you should probably also save Cayenne XML files in the
    directory above as well, so that they are in the right place in
    runtime (File -> Save As).

    > 2 Project aggregate-functions is missing required Java project:
    > 'cayenne' aggregate-functions 26. Oktober 2005
    > 15:09:19 3658"

    Hmm... that's from aggregate-functions example. I guess you just
    remove this project from Eclipse. It is outdated anyways.

    > PS: is there any doc beside the doc on the cayenne Website ? (would
    > be great
    > if is sth to print like PDF)

    Here is 1.1 User Guide in PDF (same stuff you get with download, only
    printable):

    http://objectstyle.org/confluence/download/attachments/134/
    userguide.pdf?version=1

    Hope this'll get you started.