Re: Beginners Problem

From: Lindsay Steele (lsteel..inet.net.au)
Date: Wed Oct 26 2005 - 16:56:15 EDT

    >I startet a Webproject there and then imported the classes - and got over
    >100's of missing errors. Sure i thought, and imported the cayenne.jar, wich
    >decreased the some 100's of missing errors but still 100 type errors were
    >there - mainly errors like
    >
    >ArtikelSets cannot be resolved to a type
    >_Artikel.java
    >TestCay/src/auto
    >line 107
    >26. Oktober 2005 15:05:51 3576

     This probabaly has to do with the superclasses finding the main class -
    and has to do with the way you generated them. It can be a little bit
    confusing when starting. In the example above, to get it working, you
    would have to have your data classes in the default package, something
    people rarely do.

    I am guessing your classes will be in a package - if you open up the
    modeler, select the map you want to work with. Highlight it and look
    for the entity defaults in the side panel. In the section "Java
    Package" put your package name. Something like "[package name].data"
    (eg pb.data. Make sure you hit the "Update.. " Button to update all
    classes.

    Next, when generating the classes, fill in the "Superclass Package" to
    be "[blabla].data.auto" (eg pb.data.auto).

    Then generate your classes and do a refresh in Eclipse.

    As for an example web app - it would depend on the framework or
    technology used. There are some examples for Tapestry in the example
    section or I could point you to some others.