RE: Re: Modeler Attribute Order Question.

From: Gentry, Michael \(Contractor\) ("Gentry,)
Date: Thu Oct 27 2005 - 08:55:15 EDT

    This might have already been answered, but relying on the DB order is
    inherently difficult. Take MySQL, for example, you can add/alter a
    column and move it's order around in the table. I wouldn't expect
    Cayenne (or any other tool) to be able to keep up with these
    behind-the-scenes shifts. To me, alphabetical is the only ordering that
    makes any sense (outside of perhaps ordered by time). Random should not
    be an order. :-)

    /dev/mrg