AW: How exact do we want it ? / Best Practice Design ?

From: Korbinian Bachl (korbinia..hiskyworld.de)
Date: Mon Oct 31 2005 - 02:59:34 EST

    Hi,

    > if you will have to deal with lots and lots of widgets with
    > little common attributes you might consider using native XML
    > database which can store different semantics into one bag.

    Well - ok- consider that widget inc wants it in a RDBMs - and that they have
    10 000 products, 1000-3000 of em of each branch...

    > But that really depends on the problem you are solving. You
    > have to set your architecture in such a manner that you don't
    > have to program at all, by just adding widgets if possible.

    Dont programm at all :) - have you ever said this to a SQL/PL developer ? ;)

    Regards

    Korbinian

    PS: this "idea" has less to do with a real job - instead its more on
    education level (im studying Business Computing and try to get a good start
    on ORM / Data solutions for practical use)