Re: DataViews Status?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Nov 15 2005 - 16:20:53 EST

    DataViews technology was contributed by the one time Cayenne
    committer who is no longer active in the community. We support it in
    its current state, but there is no ongoing development. Post 1.2, I
    think we should move it out of the core to an extension package or
    something.

    I personally use a different methodology revolving around JStaple ideas:

    http://objectstyle.org/jstaple/
    http://www.theserverside.com/articles/article.tss?l=JavaGUIDev

    I'd also love to have a good integrated Swing framework, just don't
    have any time left to work on this. So as far as UI goes, I have to
    start almost from scratch every time I begin a new Swing project.

    I wish we could somehow merge DV into JStaple and develop JStaple
    itself into a usable technology (maybe borrow some Click ideas - I
    have a feeling those will translate pretty well into the Swing
    space). Unfortunately all this is still wishful thinking...

    Andrus