Re: Modeler - Names at singular after reverse engineering?

From: Cris Daniluk (cris.danilu..mail.com)
Date: Sun Dec 04 2005 - 18:38:24 EST

    > Cris, we don't have an Ant task for reverse engineering yet. I can
    > see how such task can be useful - it would allow to sync your objects
    > directly against the DB, bypassing the Modeler. Is this what you had
    > in mind?

    I do think an ant task for reverse engineering would be useful, but at
    the same time - I think this feature needs to be part of the
    DbEntity/ObjEntity sync. We rarely reverse engineer our model, as
    changes tend to happen 1 or 2 at a time. Just updating the DbEntity
    and syncing the ObjEntity ends up being much faster.

    Putting it in the sync should allow it to work seemlessly for the
    reverse engineer and the sync (I think)...

    > Looks like this thing is growing big. I marked the issue as "AFTER 1.2".

    Agreed! Adding a note to Mike's 1.3 wish list for this.

    Cris