Re: Generic DataObjects?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Dec 08 2005 - 15:31:22 EST

    To expand on what Mike just said, right now a class generation /
    compilation step is needed. Functionality similar to EOF
    EOGenericRecord was requested before, but the main stumbling block
    was the requirement that two different entities had to be of two
    different classes. In other words a single Java class couldn't be
    mapped to multiple entities.

    This is about to change. In yet unreleased 1.2M9 we moved away from
    that (for an unrelated reason) and now ObjectId and the rest of the
    access stack uses String entity name as the entity type indicator. So
    we may actually get EOGenericRecord functionality for free as a
    result of this change, though extra testing is required to be
    entirely sure.

    Andrus