Re: content of mapping file for XMLencoder and XMLdecoder

From: bertrand.gregoir..udor.lu
Date: Fri Dec 09 2005 - 04:44:06 EST

    Thanks for these examples.

    I had look in M8 and M5 package, as well as in sourceforge's CVS
    cayenne/tests repository in order to find out more about XMLencoder and
    XMLdecoder, but couldn't get anything. Could you please point me out the
    exact place where to find the examples you mention?

    Besides, I noticed that relationship targets were encoded using the
    default mapping (XMLSerializable.encodeAsXML) and not applying the entity
    that matches their type, is there any way to change this behavior? for
    instance, given the mapping:

    <model>
        <entity name="my.class.Parent" xmlTag="parent">
            <property name="name" xmlTag="name"/>
            <property name="childArray" xmlTag="children"/> <- 'child'
    being a 0-N relationship.
        </entity>

        <entity name="my.class.Child" xmlTag="child">
            <property name="nick" xmlTag="nickname"/>
        </entity>
    </model>

    Using the above as a mapping for encoding a Parent object will give me xml
    of the form below, where properties of a Child are encoded but not
    relationships (default behavior):
    <parent>
        <name>Mary Lee</name>
        <children
        <children
    </parent>

    While I am expecting something where the entity matching my.class.Child
    would have been applied to every object of the childArray relationship:
    <parent>
        <name>Mary Lee</name>
        <children>
        </children>
    </parent>

    Is there any way I can get such a behavior using mapping file? or should I
    rather go for overrinding encodeAsXML in those objects? If possible I'd
    prefer using a mapping file.

    Thanks for any input.
    Bertrand.