What is it good for? [Was: Generic DataObjects?]

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Dec 13 2005 - 11:21:02 EST

    On Dec 8, 2005, at 11:53 PM, Jonathan Carlson wrote:

    > Along with db.apache.org's DDLUtils (I know, it uses a different XML
    > format) one could feasibly put together a database management web app
    > with a dynamic webapp builder (using Cayenne generic record
    > functionality for data access) and a dynamically compilable scripting
    > language like Groovy for the custom code.

    Now that this code is in CVS and will be released in a few days, I am
    looking for ideas of generally useful examples that can take
    advantage of this feature. I must admit that back in my EOF days I
    only used EOGenericRecord to map flattened join tables. With Cayenne
    split into Db/ObjEntities this is not an issue.

    Jonathan had one abstract example quoted above. Anything else? Any
    frameworks that are fully metadata-driven?

    Andrus