Re: Please suggest proper setup/usage for Oracle CHAR(1) (Boolean), NUMBER, and VARCHAR2

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Dec 13 2005 - 11:34:09 EST

    The easiest way to determine what native DB type can be mapped to a
    given JDBC type is to check types.xml file located in cayenne.jar and
    cayenne sources folder in each DB adapter package. In our case
    checking org/objectstyle/cayenne/dba/oracle/types.xml BOOLEAN works
    with Oracle INTEGER. Conversion between objects and Oracle is fully
    automatic.

    Alternatively, in case you want to use something non-standard, you
    can implement an ExtendedType to do an arbitrary conversions of values:

    http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/userguide/access-stack/extended-
    types.html

    Andrus