Re: Modeller M9 Problem

From: Dirk Olmes (dirk.olme..mx.de)
Date: Fri Dec 30 2005 - 22:42:58 EST

    Hi,

    I want to chime in here as I encounter exactly the same problem.

    >>There was an upgrade of HSQLDB between M8 and M9. As new DB is not
    >>backwards compatible, M9 Modeler attempts to copy the old DB from 1.1
    >>to 1.2 (so that older versions could still function). I am not sure
    >>why the copy operation fails in your case, but a brute force approach
    >>to fix it would be to delete the entire prefs directory, so that M9
    >>could start fresh.
    >
    > I would assume that this means deleting the ~/.cayenne/prefs directory
    > which I've tried, and then I tried to remove the entire ~/.cayenne
    > directory as well and still to no avail the same problem persists.

    Deleting the entire .cayenne dir in ~ does not solve the problem for me
    either.

    >>Also do you have another HSQLDB installation anywhere in the
    >>CLASSPATH or $JRE_HOME/lib/ext?
    >
    > I do not define any of these as shell/environment variables.
    > $JAVA_HOME is the only one that is defined, and that points to the
    > default sun 1.5 installation without any changes to the original
    > libraries that came with the installation.

    Mine is empty, too. That's a 1.5.0_06 Sun JDK but the error comes up on
    a 1.4.2_07 as well. That's on linux BTW.

    I've tested this on a win2k installation as well, the same error :-(

    -dirk