flattened relationship updating

From: Marcin Skladaniec (marci..sh.com.au)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2006 - 19:36:48 EST

    Hello

    I have a schema which goes something like this:

    Gallery (one)->(many) Artist (one)-> (many) Paintings

    I access the Paintings very often from the Gallery, and to make my
    life easier I have flattened the relationship :
    Gallery (one) -> (many) Paintings

    Now when the relationships are not changing everything is ok, but
    when I alter the Artist -> Paintings relationship Gallery -> Painting
    does not notice it, and still displays the old list. Is it my fault,
    and I should not do flattening like this, should I do some kind of
    refresh, or is it a minor bug in cayenne ?

    Regards
    Marcin