Re: can't modify relationships in validateForUpdate()?

From: Matt Kerr (mat..entralparksoftware.com)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2006 - 14:11:55 EST

    trying to recall .. so, i would double check this, but --

    > Perhaps this is because of my WO/EOF background, but I had always
    > assumed that modifying anything in the validate* methods would be a
    > Bad Thing and never tried doing it.

    is this because WO/EOF specifically guides you *not* to put any side-
    effect code into the validate* methods.

    but i want to say this was ok .. since there were other delegate
    methods to tidy up before validateFor* was invoked ..

    (now - if i could just remember which one .. hmm. is that right?)

    > I can't say I ever read it in regards to Cayenne, but it feels like
    > the right thing to me.
    > Not sure why it changed in behavior, though.

    in cayenne -- there is no equivalent delegate .. and i believe the
    right/best way to handle this situation is to implement the side-
    effects in validateFor*().

    -mk