Re: Persistence and inheritance : a noob question

From: Michael Gentry (blacknex..mail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2006 - 16:22:18 EST

    Are you wanting multiple tables or a single table? Cayenne will
    currently do a single table mapped to multiple Java classes pretty
    well. You have to have a discriminator column (an int or a char, etc)
    which Cayenne can use to detect which Java class to create. Such as 1
    = Customer, 2 = VIP, etc.

    /dev/mrg