Cayenne validation

From: syrinx (syrinx200..mail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 14 2007 - 15:38:35 EDT

    Hello,

    I have just started "playing around" with Cayenne a couple weeks ago, so in
    other words I am a rookie. I am happy with the product so far, but I cannot
    figure out how to use the data validation properly.

    For example, if I try to commit an object with a missing "mandatory field",
    I get a ValidationException. From that exception I can access a
    BeanValidationFailure object which contains the details of the validation
    error (description, source, attribute). The thing is that I would like to
    change the generic error messages (ex: field cannot be empty, field exceeds
    maximum allowed length) thrown by cayenne and these messages seem to be hard
    coded in the sources.

    Is there a "clean way" to customize those messages?

    Thanks for your help.