Re: [OT] Maven in Cayenne

From: jerome moliere (jerome.molier..mail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 14 2007 - 12:59:17 EDT

    2007/3/14, Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org>:

    > Folks,
    >
    > This is a bit OT, but I know there are a few or maybe more power
    > users of Maven on this list. We are having a little chat whether to
    > ditch Maven as an internal build system [1], [2]. Feel free to
    > comment if you have constructive ideas, but no flames please - we are
    > really trying to make a decision on the build system, and this is
    > what matters :-)

    Hi Andrus,
    what a good question -)
    Maven is quite a dream, the idea is perfect, its powerful and quite easy to
    use...
    But it can be a nightmare while trying to make serious unit tests, please
    refer to the Cocoon build notes for pleasant notes, or find the blog from my
    friend Stephane Bailliez member from the Joost team where he deals with this
    subject... Joost seems to keep an old solution based on ANT + Ivy ..Works
    well...

    No other comments...
    Oops just a small one, running after the latest release of any library in
    the Maven repositories is quite boring, Spring 2 M 4 is available but not
    final release, Hibernate 3.2 but not 3.2.1 or 3.2.2... Installing manually
    jars on local repositories is a feature but should be quite rare while its
    permanent...

    My 2 pieces
    Jerome

    Andrus