Re: lifecycle callbacks not always fired

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2007 - 20:27:47 EDT

    Hello again,

    On 15/03/2007, at 12:15 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > One last try at guessing it. On the server you have to do some
    > magic to enable callbacks (hopefully eventually this will be more
    > transparent). See "Enabling Callbacks" chapter at the bottom of
    > this page:
    >
    > http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/lifecycle-callbacks.html
    >
    > if this doesn't help, please file a bug with code samples.

    You were right. I'd not read far enough down the page. It is somewhat
    convoluted to implement I must say. I'm now subclassing
    ObjectContextCallbackInterceptor to add a couple of methods to it
    (e.g., like hasChanges() etc from DataContext).

    There's one other problem that this now imposes: previously using a
    DataContext we could do:
    Object someInstance = dc.objectFromDataRow( entityClass, someDataRow,
    refreshes );

    Would this now be the best solution?

    public class ObjectContext extends ObjectContextCallbackInterceptor
    {
            private DataContext _dataContext;
            <...>
            public DataObject objectFromDataRow( Class entityClass, DataRow
    paymentRow, boolean refresh )
            {
                    DataObject anObject;

                    anObject = _dataContext.objectFromDataRow( entityClass, paymentRow,
    refresh );
                    if ( anObject != null )
                            return ( DataObject )localObject( anObject.getObjectId(), anObject );
                    return null;
            }
    }

    Otherwise it seems to return an object that seems to be in the wrong
    context so far as addToOneRelationship etc is concerned...

    Be nice if ObjectContext, DataContext et al were better unified. Or
    that DataObjectUtils could return an object for a DataRow to abstract
    all this.

    with regards,

    --

    Lachlan Deck