identity tables

From: Michael Lepine (mikelepin..mail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2007 - 11:20:08 EDT

    Hello all. I am a fairly new user of Cayenne and am trying to get more
    familiar with the API and modeler. My question deals with an identity table.
    I have not seen any documentation (or examples in the documentation) dealing
    with this issue, which is why I'm posting to the list.

    As an example, let's say I have three tables: city, state and city_state,
    where the city_state table is merely an identity table composed of foreign
    keys to the city and state tables.

    In my application, if I know the primary key for a state record, what would
    be the best way to retrieve all the city records associated with it?

    Thanks for any advice.

    - Mike