Re: Hook in the cayenne internals

From: Michael Gentry (blacknex..mail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2007 - 09:15:13 EDT

    I hate to follow up my own message, but I forgot to mention that the two
    main reasons implemented the extended types are:

    1) Better type safety. Methods could be setLienPosition(LienPosition
    lienPosition) instead of setLienPosition(Integer lienPosition). Only values
    that represented actual lien positions could be assigned, then.

    2) English (or any other language -- it was localizable) text for each
    enumerated value. Made it easier to present more meaningful values in
    pulldown lists and in reports instead of the typically more
    programmer-oriented values.

    /dev/mrg