Re: Hook in the cayenne internals

From: Michael Gentry (blacknex..mail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2007 - 09:08:44 EDT

    I've used extended types to implement enumerations (essentially -- but mine
    had a lot more oomph behind it), but these were all integer/string values,
    not blobs. My implementation of that is on the Cayenne Wiki, but I wrote it
    for Java 1.4 and a co-worker had trouble with it working under Java 1.5, but
    I haven't explored it yet. I'm not sure if it would help you, but it might
    be worth looking at (since the code shows how to read/write the types -- do
    the translation).

    /dev/mrg

    PS. Wiki link: http://cwiki.apache.org/CAY/enumerations-example.html