Re: postgres, idle in transaction

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2007 - 12:27:13 EDT

    Per last comment from the link you posted:

    "The 'idle' processes are correct behavior; they are the shared
    persistent connections to the database the connection pool leaves
    open to accelerate database access. Only when you have hanging 'idle
    in transaction' threads do you have a problem, as those consume
    connections permanently since they are hung processes and are not
    shared."

    I think that's what you are seeing - the active connection pool. No
    need to worry unless your app starts hanging, or the pool size starts
    unexpectedly going up.

    Andrus