Re: AW: postgres, idle in transaction

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2007 - 04:30:19 EDT

    Hello.

    I am using cayenne with PostgreSQL, but have not seen this problem.
    Are you using a new PostgreSQL release and and a jdbc-driver matching
    that version? Search http://jdbc.postgresql.org/changes.html has one
    bugfix related to this from back in 2004.

    In a (old) non-cayenne environment I have had some problems with
    connections not properly closed after use. I tracked down that
    problem by saving the stacktrace (new Exception()) and a timestamp
    every time a Connection is required. That way I had a register over
    all Connections and was able to find the ones that was not closed
    after use.

    Could you try to create a small example that reproduce this problem?

      - Tore.