Re: commitChanges() doesn't imply commit in db ?

From: jerome moliere (jerome.molier..mail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2007 - 05:27:42 EDT

    2007/4/3, Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org>:

    > That is strange :-/ And looks like a low-level JDBC issue. I've never
    > seen it on any other DB (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL; I haven't used
    > Sybase in production in a while). Still worth trying the thread dump,
    > as Jerome's log output shows no "commit transaction" message, so I do
    > believe it is stuck somehow.

    latest news, I didn't nothing since last night and the transaction is now
    committed...
    But I get strange NPE in working code.....
    I need determinism.. (I 'm using the JTDS driver now)
    one big difference is that now : cayenne uses the generic db adapter because
    the JDBC driver doesn't understand the meta data returned from db...

    this is the last trace from my code...
    java] INFO RuntimeLoadDelegate - loaded datasource.
         [java] INFO RuntimeLoadDelegate - no adapter set, using automatic
    adapter.
         [java] INFO RuntimeLoadDelegate - loaded map-ref: ReverseKdbMap.
         [java] INFO RuntimeLoadDelegate - finished configuration loading in
    613 ms.
         [java] INFO SelectDaemon - daemon is properly configured now..
         [java] INFO SelectDaemon - begin of the big loop..
         [java] INFO CayenneCurrencyDAOImpl - Finding currency using id = 105
         [java] INFO QueryLogger - --- will run 1 query.
         [java] INFO QueryLogger - Opening connection:
    jdbc:jtds:sybase://dune:4132/KplusLocal1;user=sa;password=motdepasse
         [java] Login: null
         [java] Password: *******
         [java] INFO QueryLogger - +++ Connecting: SUCCESS.
         [java] INFO QueryLogger - --- transaction started.
         [java] INFO DbAdapterFactoryChain - DB name: sql server
         [java] INFO QueryLogger - Failed to detect database type, using
    default adapter
         [java] INFO QueryLogger - SELECT t0.AggregationCurrency,
    t0.AllowFixing, t0.FixingAskSpread, t0.FixingBidSpread, t0.IsIslamic,
    t0.IsLocal, t0.OISRoundingConv, t0.Currencies_Id FROM dbo.CurrenciesLocT t0
    WHERE t0.Currencies_Id = ? [bind: 105] - prepared in 42 ms.
         [java] INFO QueryLogger - === returned 1 row. - took 123 ms.
         [java] INFO QueryLogger - +++ transaction committed.
         [java] INFO CayenneCurrencyDAOImpl - fetched the Currencies by ID..N
    [java] Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.NullPointerException

    So at this point I can't give more clues, I 'll switch back to JConnect and
    I'll see..

    Cheers
    jerome

    Andrus