Re: commitChanges() doesn't imply commit in db ?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2007 - 12:07:16 EDT

    Hi Jerome,

    I hope you don't mind that I am taking my reply back to the list to
    explain the line between free and commercial support for Cayenne.
    First - my proposal to help you as a consultant is not a business
    model! This is just reflecting a fact that there is only so much time
    a small developer community can dedicate to helping with specific
    user projects.

    Cayenne works with Sybase. All releases are tested against Sybase,
    and I am planning to do some testing again soon, when I get access to
    a Sybase instance. If you can demonstrate that this is a bug in
    Cayenne (which I am not yet convinced), we'll be glad to fix it.

    The line between what can and what can't be done as a free support is
    pretty fuzzy, but asking to debug a fairly complex setup on your
    hardware IMO crosses this line... unless there are more indicators
    that this is a Cayenne bug, not the driver bug or not the bug in your
    code. Please understand - there are many users, so there is a limit
    in personalized help.

    Andrus