Re: commitChanges() doesn't imply commit in db ?

From: jerome moliere (jerome.molier..mail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2007 - 12:46:36 EDT

    2007/4/4, Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org>:

    > Hi Jerome,
    >
    > I hope you don't mind that I am taking my reply back to the list to
    > explain the line between free and commercial support for Cayenne.
    > First - my proposal to help you as a consultant is not a business
    > model! This is just reflecting a fact that there is only so much time
    > a small developer community can dedicate to helping with specific
    > user projects.

    It's clear from my point of view...but regarding different answers in this
    thread, I 'm not totally convinced that my problems are just users
    problems...

    Cayenne works with Sybase. All releases are tested against Sybase,

    interesting should be developped...

    and I am planning to do some testing again soon, when I get access to
    > a Sybase instance. If you can demonstrate that this is a bug in
    > Cayenne (which I am not yet convinced), we'll be glad to fix it.

    if you don't hs have any server available it will be hard isn't it ?
    i'll try to setup a testcase for showing these problems... if I can
    reproduce them with determinism

    The line between what can and what can't be done as a free support is
    > pretty fuzzy,

    like many lines in fact -)

    but asking to debug a fairly complex setup on your
    > hardware IMO crosses this line... unless there are more indicators
    > that this is a Cayenne bug, not the driver bug or not the bug in your
    > code. Please understand - there are many users, so there is a limit
    > in personalized help.

    no problem with that...
    no stress....
    my only desire was to try to improve your product thinking that you did'nt
    have any Sybase server...
    Not the case ? forget my email....-)
    Cheers
    Jerome