Testing on Sybase

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Apr 08 2007 - 08:36:46 EDT

    I just ran Cayenne unit test suite against Sybase ASE 12.5.3 (Mac OS
    X edition). The tests pass, although Sybase quickly runs out of
    transaction log space, printing the following message in the log:

    00:00000:00004:2007/04/08 08:19:21.13 server 1 task(s) are sleeping
    waiting for space to become available in the log segment for database
    cayenne.

    This hangs the application. To unstuck it I had to log in to jISQL
    and execute the following SQL command, the application resumes and
    completes successfully:

       dump transaction cayenne with no_log

    I don't know if this information is of any relevance to what Jerome
    is doing, but can you possibly look in the Sybase logs to see what's
    going on on the Sybase server?

    Andrus