Re: why not middlegen

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2007 - 09:33:42 EDT

    Hi,

    On Apr 16, 2007, at 4:26 PM, gdile..libero..it wrote:
    > Hi all
    > I'm newbie using cayenne but i'd like to know why it should be
    > better than middlegen.

    I am not an expert on Middlegen, but AFAIK it is not a persistence
    technology, rather it serves as a mapping add-on on top of other
    persistence technologies. Cayenne is both an object/relational
    mapping engine (CayenneModeler, cgen ant tasks) and a persistence
    engine. So Cayenne and Middlegen are different classes of products,
    although there may be superficial similarity in how they perform
    certain tasks.

    > And I wonder if exists a apache project for automatically generate
    > swing GUI by a schema data base.

    None that I know.

    Andrus