Should localObject() traverse the whole graph?

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Fri May 18 2007 - 12:32:07 EDT

    Hi,

    I've just noticed that localObject does not traverse whole graph of the
    object moving to the new DC. Is this by design, due to computational
    complexity, or a bug?

    Just to illustrate the "problem":

    Given three data objects {A, B, C}, registered with the following data
    contexts:

    DC1: A (committed)
    DC2: B (new, modified) C (new, modified)

    Such that B and C have a to-one relationship. A and B also required a
    relationship, but are in separate DCs. So, move B to DC1 via
    localObject. After that, we have:

    DC1: A B
    DC2: C?

    The relationship between B & C is clobbered. I haven't debugged enough
    to see if C is still in DC2 or not. All handles to DC2 are effectively
    destroyed in the normal code, so I'd have to add additional code to deal
    with it.

    Anyway, I know how to workaround it, but am wondering whether this is
    something that should go into JIRA or if it's something that won't
    change.

    Thanks,
    Kevin

    Kevin Menard