Re: UTF8 problem

From: marco turchi (marco.turch..mail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 03 2007 - 14:21:24 EDT

    Dear Andrus,
    first of all, thanks a lot for your patience.

    I have created a new database using character set utf-8, and colletion utf8...
    Then i set the following variables:
     SET character_set_server = utf8;
     SET character_set_client = utf8;
     SET character_set_db = utf8;
    now the "status" command gives me:
    Server characterset: utf8
    Db characterset: utf8
    Client characterset: utf8
    Conn. characterset: utf8

    then i create a test table:
    create table prova ( id_prova int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
    description longtext, PRIMARY KEY (id_prova) ) character set utf8;
    and I have filled it with utf8 data.

    and now....
    it works!!!!!!!!!!!!

    As a test, I try to fill the test table with the data in the old
    table, and I get the same wrong situation because they are latin1.
    The point, like you told me, is that the data in my old table are not
    utf8, I hope to be able to convert them...
    Thanks for everything
    Marco