Re: SQLTemplate not faulting an object

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2007 - 12:41:24 EDT

    On Jun 5, 2007, at 7:36 PM, Bryan Lewis wrote:

    > However, they wouldn't be a cure-all.

    I guess it should work cross DB, as it will convert the result to the
    case mapped in Cayenne model (regardless of the DB default).

    > I'd still need an occasional database check in my SQLTemplate-building
    > code for other differences like 'limit' versus 'rownum'.

    You probably know that already, but just in case I wanted to point
    out that the same SQLTemplate instance can hold syntax for multiple
    dialects, so you can generate the syntax for ALL db's you plan to
    support, and let Cayenne to pick the right one at runtime.

    Andrus