getter/setters for PKs in generated objects

From: Michael Lepine (mikelepin..mail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2007 - 17:01:21 EDT

    I am looking into using Cayenne for a new project. I have used it before for
    new applications but not to integrate with an existing framework which is
    what I'll be doing on this project. The existing project is a web-based
    application that has a database back-end with almost 300 tables. The
    application manages the generation of primary keys when new objects are
    created. The application currently has a proprietary data access layer with
    custom objects that I would like to eventually fully replace.

    My issue/question is related to the generated Java classes. Of course, I can
    go into each parent class for the generated objects and add getter/setter
    methods for primary/foreign keys, but is there any way to force the Modeler
    to generate getter/setters for these fields?

    Thanks for any help.

    - Mike