Re: Relationships across databases

From: Øyvind Harboe (oyvind.harbo..ylin.com)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2007 - 03:18:37 EDT

    On 6/21/07, Juergen Saar <juerge..saar.org> wrote:
    > I'm using Cayenne in a project where we have millions of rows
    > in most tables of the database, and my personal nightmare
    > is seeing how cayenne is disturbed by such things,
    > that should be kept on database side and never
    > should be part of an object-relational mapping framework

    I see. Our main challenge are screwed up database schemas and database
    engines. Without Cayenne's flexibility in this area, we couldn't have
    used Cayenne.

    W.r.t. foreign key references, my problem is that I don't know how to
    implement a get/set relationship methods in the CayenneDataObject
    subclasses in a way that works for uncommitted changes.

    --
    Øyvind Harboe
    http://www.zylin.com - eCos ARM & FPGA  developer kit