Re: Relationships across databases

From: Øyvind Harboe (oyvind.harbo..ylin.com)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2007 - 05:25:53 EDT

    The only thing I have to add at this point is that with frameworks such as
    Cayenne, there is less benefit in trying to put all data in the same
    database, so
    perhaps in the future we're going to see more rather than less
    applications sitting
    on top of heterogeneous databases?

    Converting databases to the same underlying database yields, hopefully,
    no visible change to the application and it is harder to get that sort of work
    funded in a project.

    --
    Øyvind Harboe
    http://www.zylin.com - eCos ARM & FPGA  developer kit