Re: Relationships across databases

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2007 - 04:39:52 EDT

    On Jun 21, 2007, at 6:15 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

    > but there's no reason that Cayenne could not attempt to
    > solve it down the road.

    +1. I think we can devise a sensible algorithm along the following
    lines:

    * Split the qualifier into DB-specific parts
    * Fetch the root entity with its own qualifier (obtained above)
    * Add prefetches for all cross-DB relationships.
    * Iterate through the result list in-memory applying remaining
    qualifiers, filtering matching objects.

    This obviously won't scale to very large result sets, but it can
    still be useful.

    Jira anyone?

    Andrus