Re: DataViews heads up

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2007 - 16:59:13 EDT

    On Jul 30, 2007, at 9:46 PM, Ahmed Mohombe wrote:

    > #1. Will someone check-in submitted patches (so that the trunk to
    > contain everything)?
    > (If yes, how to proceed? )

    Generally the answer is yes. But it may be challenging to do
    appropriate quality control, as to the best of my knowledge none of
    the current committers are using DataViews. This means that response
    times can be quite long. As for the process:

    * Make sure you submit the CLA to Apache. Since it can take somewhere
    between a few weeks and a few months to get recorded, it is a good
    idea to submit it in advance: http://apache.org/licenses/

    * Submit patches via Jira. Make sure they are well documented so that
    the person who applies them understands what this is all about.

    > #2. Will it be possible/allowed to publish (somewhere) a build,
    > e.g. dev-version (even if not on Apache - e.g.
    > a version that might contain some patches). It would be important
    > especially for the DVModeler,
    > since this might be used even by non-programmers who are not able
    > to build by themselfs .

    My suggestion is to grab the code from SVN, build it and post it
    somewhere on your own site.

    > #3. How to build a "distribution" with the new maven build? (with
    > ANT it was build as part
    > of the cayenne distribution, with the documentation included - with
    > that Confluence plug-in).

    Somebody has to write the Maven assembly code. All the bits are there
    (including a Maven plugin to grab stuff from Confluence). Send us a
    patch - I think if it works it will be committed with no big delays.

    Andrus