Document Generation

From: Joe Baldwin (jfbaldwi..arthlink.net)
Date: Sat Aug 04 2007 - 10:42:57 EDT

    I have converted my entire datasource management over to Cayenne
    Modeler and it has made the coordination of the ORM part of my
    project one of the easiest and most reliable components to maintain
    and evolve. I have two questions about generating project
    documentation:

    What is the use-pattern is to document the Entities (i.e. generated
    Java classes) so that they will be visible to Javadoc. (I was
    thinking that I could embed comments in the generated sub-classes,
    but then I was unsure how that would weather the changes I am making
    to the DB schema via Cayenne Modeler, or if that was even the
    smartest way to accomplish this.)

    I have done some quick research and I can't seem to find a way to
    generate ER diagrams. What tools, if any, are recommended that
    generate Entity-Relationship diagrams and are also compatible with
    Cayenne?

    Thanks,
    Joe