Re: ORM Comparison

From: Joe Baldwin (jfbaldwi..arthlink.net)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2007 - 17:23:49 EDT

    Robert,

    > Hm... I recently wrote an app that involved processing large
    > numbers of rows
    > (to the tune of about 250,000 currently, and sure to increase
    > rapidly).
    > Granted, I had to code a little more carefully... create "throw
    > away" data contexts
    > for some operations, etc. But the app runs quite nicely with cayenne.
    > What performance issues did you encounter?

    Didn't I just recently read a post in which Andrus commented that the
    original architecture assumed that persistence objects would *not* be
    released until the DataContext is destroyed and garbage collected. I
    *believe* the new version allows more control over the atomic release
    of data objects, if I recall.

    Could this have any influence on the performance issues that were
    reported?

    Joe