Re: To dep PK

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..aniatis.org)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2007 - 18:49:36 EDT

    On 03/10/2007, at 7:32 AM, pinkybum_nabble wrote:

    > I get an exception which indicates that the database tried to create a
    > Dependent entry with a duplicate primary key. The only
    > configuration which
    > alleviates this problem and creates unique Dependent keys is
    > checking the
    > "To dep PK" checkbox on the dependent side of the relationship.

    This should not be ticked in ordinary use. It is for special cases
    such as a one-to-one relationship model.

    http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/to-dep-pk-checkbox.html

    I'd be looking at your primary key generation strategy. Are you using
    the default? What key is being created in the database once you add
    and commit one record?

    Ari Maniatis

    Aristedes Maniatis
    phone +61 2 9660 9700
    PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2 A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8