CayenneDataObject over WebService

From: Oilid Adsi (Oilid.Ads..reenet-ag.de)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2007 - 08:21:05 EDT

    Hello,

    how is it possible to send and receive an own generated class of
    CayenneDataObject-type over a WebService (for example Apache Axis 1.3)?

    We made the experience that axis will throw an exception because the
    CayenneDataObject is not serializable.

    As workaround we have built another object (webservice-bean) with the
    same getter- and setter-methods

    and merged the CayenneDataObject-class and webservice-bean together by
    using java5 method-reflections.

    But this is not really nice...

    Thanks for help!

    Oilid