RE: Deletion of obejcts

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2007 - 15:37:16 EST

    The rules I suggested are what you want. They are also consistent with
    foreign key deletion rules used by many RDBMSs.

    Please note that with nullify, only the object that was deleted should
    be yanked out of the context. Otherwise, the only thing that is
    happening is that the other end of the relationship is being set to
    NULL. Moreover, this is only happening inside of Cayenne, so even if
    your DB ultimately disallows NULL values in those columns, you won't
    trip over validation until you try to commit all of those objects. This
    is because it is perfectly legal to have an "inconsistent" object sit
    around in memory as you set values on it.

    --
    Kevin

    -----Original Message----- From: Jan Lendholt [mailto:jlendhol..otmail.com] Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 3:12 PM To: use..ayenne.apache.org Subject: RE: Deletion of obejcts

    Well, what would be the right rule for me?

    I want - if booking recordset is deleted - to delete everything in extras. If a recordset in extras is deleted, I simply want the row to be deleted. That works perfectly - but the object graph seems not get updated :/