Hollow Objects after sending them via JMS

From: Detlef Burt (the.freakazoi..mx.net)
Date: Thu Nov 22 2007 - 04:49:59 EST

    Hello List,

    as you might expect, i got a small problem.

    The scenario is the following:

    I have a framework that communicates completely via OpenJMS. It has a
    "PersistenceLayer" that can be configured to use different
    PersistenceFrameworks. One of these is Cayenne.

    The Program flow is the following:
    1. Send a request to the server (in my Testcase: "get Extents of Class X
    from Database")
    2. The PersistenceLayer handles the request and returns the correct
    results from the Database in a Vector --> Up to this point, everything
    is fine
    3. Send the Vector back to the Application that requested the Data.

    Now this is where my Problem is:
    I get a Vector with the right amount of Entries and they all have the
    right class, but all the Objects are hollow and return null for every
    property/class field.

    I found out, that I can keep the Objects contents when I call
    DataContext.unregisterObjects, but after reading some more posts on this
    group, I do remember reading something about unregisterObjects not being
      a good solution. Quoting Andrus:

    "In any event I would advise against using "unregisterObjects", unless
    you are sure there are no remaining cached objects that point to
    unregistered objects via a relationship."

    So my question is:
    Is there a more elegant solution to my problem? I really would like to
    keep all the Data from the Objects and maybe even the ObjectId of the
    Objects to be able to more easily reference the Objects in the Database.

    Thanks in Advance,
    Detlef