Re: Strange Exception

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..sh.com.au)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2008 - 20:22:49 EST

    On 12/01/2008, at 11:42 AM, Gary Jarrel wrote:

    > at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext$1.visitToOne(
    > DataContext.java:599)

    Hmm... the line in question is:

    Map idParts = target.getObjectId().getIdSnapshot();

    I can't imagine why the objectId for the target (toOne) record is
    null. (target can't be null in that bit of code.) Perhaps you can
    examine the contents of your context at that point a bit further to
    glean more information.

    As for your question about handling the exception, it sounds like the
    easiest approach is to throw out the context and create a new one. Are
    you using one context per logged in web session?

    Interesting site by the way: I've done a bit of work for real estate
    agents and it was unusual to find technology literate agents.

    Cheers
    Ari Maniatis

    ish
    http://www.ish.com.au
    phone +61 2 9550 5001 fax +61 2 9550 4001