Re: Strange Exception

From: Gary Jarrel (garyjarre..mail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2008 - 23:21:21 EST

    <snip>

    > > Hmm... the line in question is:
    > >
    > > Map idParts = target.getObjectId().getIdSnapshot();
    > >
    > > I can't imagine why the objectId for the target (toOne) record is
    > > null. (target can't be null in that bit of code.) Perhaps you can
    > > examine the contents of your context at that point a bit further to
    > > glean more information.
    >

    > I have looked at that line as well and it didn't make sense to me on how
    > it could throw a NPE especially given that it tends to work most of the
    > time! I'll investigate in the debugger in a minute and will report.

    Well the problem appears to have been due to my silliness! I had a
    "property" object and one of the one-to-many relationships to "property
    features". And in one part of the code I was unregistering the "property"
    object from the data context using the unregister objects method however I
    was not cleaning up any of the relationships. Perhaps on the next request
    these "property feature" objects were sitting in the context. So I take it
    the WebApplicationContextFilter does not throw away the data context after
    the chain completes?

    Thank you for the wonderful help as always!

    - garyj